Thoughts on Godville U.S.A.

Well, a new day is rising.

A day where I can honestly say that my values are apperantly not the values of this country. I will admit that I lean a little further than most and my idea of society would be considered progressive, but I always thought that the American people were smart enough to avoid being brainwashed by media conglomerates.

I voted for John/John. Honestly, I liked Kerry more than Gore, and even though he may not have come off as decisive, I know he had made important and historic choices and was able to live with the consequences. I voted because I wanted to voice solidarity in the idea that this country needs to be going in a new direction, and a vote for any other canidate would not accomplish that.

But we can see where that gets us. Unless some mystical revelation from the inside of the diebold corporation comes to light, and soon, this election will be remembered in history as the re-ascendacy of either an excellent leader or the new Ceaser. I'm going with the latter, but unless we make it known that we are unhappy with this, the world will assume that we are in agreement with our countrymen.

I scoffed at the refrences to the christian riech when they appeared early in the campaign,
I am terrified now. There is much talk of "bringing" christianity to the democratic side, "going Christian" if you will and I say leave them where they are. Not because I won't listen to thier views, but if you let both of the major parties be run by religion, than free speech is pretty much kaput. And when free speech goes, well friends thats the official end of democracy.

There is much to be done, and those of us who remain incountry the next four years will not be able to justify it unless we can implement change. No guns, just our brains versus thiers. It's like high school all over again, and we're the geeks that have got some outwitting to do.

Maybe it will prove futile, but damn that sexy constitution, she is our helen of troy.

Comments