its my cell phone thats dead, not me.

ever have one of those weeks?

The Rejouissance / Clocks Ticking Backward tour was off to a great start, heat, jetties, and giant mosquitos aside, until roughly friday the 13th of july. Thats when, right before a show in Joplin my lung decided to collapse. Never too good with timing, those lungs of mine. thinking it was indigestion from an overdose of breadsticks, i tried to sleep it off. Turns out, thats not the best idea for collapsed lungs. So after a night of pain like none i've ever endured, I forced Jim to take me to the local hospital, which is where i still am, some five days later.
With a tube in my side for good measure.

As it stands Dr. Vetch (like Earthsea) thinks i'll be able to get out of here by friday or saturday, but i am unawares as to what my condition will be, and whether or not i will be able to continue the tour. Jim is long gone, along with my clean clothes and cameras, in sunny Frisco, headed up the coast to Portland. In a "best case scenario, I would be able to continue the tour in Wyoming on the 25 or so, giving us 4 more shows. Worst case, I die. or something.

Been having a lot of fever dreams about ex's flirting with musicians i know, and have found that my wit is much better in my dreams nowadays than in real life ( in dreams : " Practically had to kill someone to get a CRV." " or at least break someones heart.") (in reality : "I'm dying for a cigarette. literally."(sounds of crickets. are there crickets in hospitals?)

but i havn't dreamt of you. which bothers me.
a lot.

I'm headed into surgery today, and then will probably not be coherent enough to update this for a few days, but I wanted to thank the people who came to see the shows, especially in Baltimore, that was a life changin experience, big ups red emmas. Passiveconsumer comp should be out by the time tour is over, Clocks Ticking Backward sampler is available on Itunes (under dance) and of course, there are downloads @ passiveconsumer.com and on lastfm. Check out Jim's many bands on timetooperate.com my favorites are Rejouissance and Bad Cops. Jims a damn good songwriter.

Thanks for the laughs, you never realize how many people you miss until your alone, 1/2 naked, and in pain w/ a tube in your side. its almost reassuring that there are more people i want to hug than i'll ever be able to.I love you all, and will for a long time.

pace.

Comments